• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gilbert color font

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey on my IPad Pro, the Gilbert color font won't work on illustrator or photoshop and I cannot find a reason why anywhere, if someone could help me figure this out it would be much appreciated! The font just shows up as invisible I'm not sure why

TOPICS
Bug , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Obviously Apple Color Emoji is supported, but if other fonts don't show, then I would suspect they are not. Can you point to a source that says it's supported?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

This has nothing to do with the iPad itself. Illustrator does not support color fonts on the iPad. Only on the desktop version. Illustrator is not the only app on the iPad. There are others as well and if they support color fonts, then you can use the font. If you want Illustrator on the iPad to support color fonts, then tell the developer team. You can do so via the app settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably the apps don't support color fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I would think that too, but from everything I've been able to find, it should be supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously Apple Color Emoji is supported, but if other fonts don't show, then I would suspect they are not. Can you point to a source that says it's supported?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

www.typewithpride.com/faq

I find this misleading, it says

"shows up only in compatible apps and browsers:

• Photoshop CC 2017+, Illustrator CC 2018+ or InDesign CC 2019+

• older PS CC and CS6 versions won’t display the font, nor do the current versions of Illustrator and InDesign

And yet it works on my Illy 25.2.1 (PC).

Perhaps it's the iPad that's the problem? Sorry I don't have one, but does it regulate fonts through the system or are you using a font manager?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The iPad version is its own version, so the FAQ doesn't apply to it if it doesn't mention it explicitely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I literally got the font from the Adobe creative cloud apps font collection. It's weird that it would offer it for me to download to my iPad if my iPad doesn't support it? It's an iPad Pro, it should have the color range. The issue is I can't find anyone with the same problem, and I can't find anything confirming or denying it. That's why I'm confused

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This has nothing to do with the iPad itself. Illustrator does not support color fonts on the iPad. Only on the desktop version. Illustrator is not the only app on the iPad. There are others as well and if they support color fonts, then you can use the font. If you want Illustrator on the iPad to support color fonts, then tell the developer team. You can do so via the app settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines