Exit

glowing spots triangle

Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to adobe community, 

I would like to create a Triangle and then apply a non uniform glowing effect

I would be thankful if someone could provide a link to tutorial or give me an advice.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Select the Polygon Tool (Hidden below the Rectangle Tool, Click on the artboard enter a radius value, Sides 3.

Select the triangle and use the Rotate tool, press return and set angle to 180 degrees and press COPY.

Scale it up (Scale Tool+return) opening the Scale panel about 150%

Open the Attributes panel

Click the icon that shows the center of the triangles,drag one on top of the other center point. (try it in Outline view).

Select both trinagles. Now select the Shape Builder tool, hold Alt (Option)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The glowing would need additional objects. You could start with a gradient in the triangle to achieve basic shading and then adding shapes and overlaying them to get that glow. Blur the additional shapes, add blending modes etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank yoy for answering. Firstly i do not know how to create the 3-edges triangle (1422947.png attached). Could you guide for that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are new too to Illustrator, take notice you can apply gradients to strokes (lines) (Gradient Panel) within, along and across stroke.

Apply several colors, gradients as duplicated strokes of varying width using the Appearance panel, you can tweak opacity and belnding modes too.

You can also use the Blend tool, or combine with Effectsa like blur,...

Maybe something like this?:

grad-triang.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i need an non uniform result, like the picure attached in first post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excuse me, what I saw was a triangle and and cricle intertwined. That's not waht you posted?

Well, what you have here is a gradient along the three sides. So you can, cut in the corners or anchor points of the three sides, to separate them and aplly basically the same gradinet ALONG each segment.

The easy way to do it, is:

Using the Direct selection Tool drag aroung each node or corner. then click in a icon on the top control bar that says:Cut Path at selected anchor points. (An arc and a scissor)

The gradient goes from white to blue to white in the center, blue and white again on the other end.

On the anchor popints is a light reflection, Illustrator has a Fare tools it does not get close to waht is shown, because it's a Photoshop work probably., where instead of a gradient a color transition has been dodged. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the Polygon Tool (Hidden below the Rectangle Tool, Click on the artboard enter a radius value, Sides 3.

Select the triangle and use the Rotate tool, press return and set angle to 180 degrees and press COPY.

Scale it up (Scale Tool+return) opening the Scale panel about 150%

Open the Attributes panel

Click the icon that shows the center of the triangles,drag one on top of the other center point. (try it in Outline view).

Select both trinagles. Now select the Shape Builder tool, hold Alt (Option) to remove the exterior pieces.

Untitled-2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for you time. i followed you instructions . Thank you so much that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, it's about the cut corners that you can't do?

Open Window > Transform and just enter the options:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-09 um 15.32.18.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your time and advice. I managed to do that. Now what i can't do good enough is a good shine effect. I have 2 picture’s attached. One with my result , and one with a triangle that has exactly the effect that i want. Any advice ? 

Vielen Dankmy resultmy resulttriangletriangle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to either:

- add a lot more shapes and overlay them, add blending modes, gradients, etc.

- use a gradient mesh (and still add more shapes in order to achieve the glow)

If you were to paint it, what would you do? Probably paint layers and layers of color. It's mostly the same in Illustrator.

There is no easy way to achieve *exactly* this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see that are used many elipse shapes, but i dont know how that glow is achieved around the shapes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines