• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Glyph Panel fails after changing which set to show - Illustrator on the desktop

Contributor ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using the Type>Glyphs panel, it will show the glyph set for the last selected set. If I change the set to show, the set goes blank and no glyphs are shown. If I close and reopen the glyph panel, that last requested set will show. In other words, I have to open and close and open again to change the glyph sets that I want to look at. Maybe something for the developers to look at?

Illustrator on the desktop v25.2.1, Mac OS 10.15.7 on a Mac Pro (2019).

TOPICS
Bug , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Did you already reboot the computer?

Reset the preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you already reboot the computer?

Reset the preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have rebooted, I shut down every day. Resetting the preferences worked but what a miserable way to fix one problem and create ten more. Nothing is where I had it and I have to rebuild my workspace. I should have left well enough alone knowing how little I use the glyph panel. Thank you for the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The preferences file is read on every start and is written whenever you shut down an application. It belongs to the most-used files on your computer. It is specifically at risk for corruption. It should not, but it does fail for this reason.

After setting up everything, make a copy of the folder that you can use as replacement whenever it gets corrupted again. Or backuponly those parts that you must not lose. Here is a list: https://www.vektorgarten.de/illustrator-settings.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines