Exit

Golden Ring Gradient

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm new to Illustrator.

Does anyone know how the Golden Ring gradient was made transparent?

Thank you. 

Screen Shot 2020-12-10 at 6.35.11 PM-1.png

[ attachment inserted as inline image by moderator ]

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

There are at least several, and possibly many, ways to accomplish this. I'll offer one or two.

For this first one, for simplicity I'll leave out the yellow ring, which can also be added in various ways.

This is a radial gradient applied to a circular path, the color stop on the right having an opacity of 0%. In fact, the two color stops on the left also have 0% opacity, so that the inside of the circle is transparent as well.

tromboniator_1-1607669915145.png

This one is all done with strokes in the Appearance panel. The bo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are at least several, and possibly many, ways to accomplish this. I'll offer one or two.

For this first one, for simplicity I'll leave out the yellow ring, which can also be added in various ways.

This is a radial gradient applied to a circular path, the color stop on the right having an opacity of 0%. In fact, the two color stops on the left also have 0% opacity, so that the inside of the circle is transparent as well.

tromboniator_1-1607669915145.png

This one is all done with strokes in the Appearance panel. The bottom stroke is a gradient placed all on one side of the path with the Width Tool:

tromboniator_2-1607670714666.png

This stuff is not difficult, but familiarity with the program would be a huge asset.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines