• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GPU glitch in Illustrator 25.3.1 weird corners/ jagged lines/ weird artifacts

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the latest update I get weird effects when using pathfinder (trim/divide) for instance. Is there any know issues? Se attachements. The object when using divide gets weird corners, what am I doing wrong? Never seen this before. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Skärmavbild 2021-03-24 kl. 14.34.44.pngSkärmavbild 2021-03-24 kl. 14.35.43.png

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Without seeing Layers Panel, Stroke Panel Appearance Panel and object selected it is very hard to say.

• Are there strokes involved?
  • Are these real paths? Check it with [Strg/Ctrl]+[Y]  (Outline View)
  • Is this a problem with GPU? Try to toggle with [Strg/Ctrl]+[E]  (Preview on CPU/GPU)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Hi all, 

Sorry about the inconvenience this issue has caused. We are currently investigating this issue. Till the time it is fixed, please try the workaround shared by @pixxxelschubser 
Turn off GPU performance from Illustrator Preferences (CMD+K > Preferences > Uncheck GPU Performance).

GPU performance Ai.png

I would also request you to upvote this issue here ( https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/43599609-sharp-corner-edge-displaying-wrong ) and stay tuned for upd

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
Here are the screenshots.
The little corner dissapear in CPU preview mode

Thanks for you time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Super, you are welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like a GPU preview glitch, fast but not always accurate.

Check Cmd or Ctrl E to switch to CPU preview.

It will not print or export this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for your help and time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear that helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this happening to anyone else? This is a newer problem I'm experiencing where the point of an object doessn't actually come to a perfect point. There's no way for me to edit this little edge as the object is fully expanded and has no stroke. You can see it  happening on most of the letters and the star shape in the Q.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I originally uploaded a different file that showed the specific edge I'm speaking about. I'll include a screenshot so you can see what I mean. This weird edge is showing up on almost all of my points on each letter as well as the star shape included in the file I originally shared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

breep,

What happens if you hold Ctrl/Cmd and press E?

This toggles between GPU and CPU, the former sometimes being a bit unruly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my goodness. That worked!! Thank you so much for your response!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome, breep.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

Sorry about the inconvenience this issue has caused. We are currently investigating this issue. Till the time it is fixed, please try the workaround shared by @pixxxelschubser 
Turn off GPU performance from Illustrator Preferences (CMD+K > Preferences > Uncheck GPU Performance).

GPU performance Ai.png

I would also request you to upvote this issue here ( https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/43599609-sharp-... ) and stay tuned for updates.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I am currently using the latest version of Illustrator. I notice that the semi-transperent contours look very srange. What is the problem? Where do the broken lines come from?

Снимок экрана 2021-08-26 в 15.48.34.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may be a side-effect of GPU Preview. Try "View Using CPU" to see if the issue is corrected.

rcraighead_0-1629983274523.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this effect disappears when switching to the CPU, but it's impossible for me to work without a GPU. This Illustrator bug is GPU-related, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dans la version 2021, et uniquement sur cette verion, lorsque l'on dessine une forme arrondie, sans contour, la pointe se prolonge par un rectangle. Pièce jointe. Merci d'avanceCapture d’écran 2021-07-09 à 07.43.09.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably a preview problem.

GPU Preview is fast, but sometimes inaccurate.

Try switching between GPU/CPU Preview with Cmd or Ctrl E.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merci mille fois.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear that helped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone else experienced a fault with gradients that appears to cause a fractal effect? Here's a couple of screenshots...

Screenshot 2021-06-30 at 13.43.47.pngScreenshot 2021-06-30 at 13.43.54.png

Now, I've only encountered this parasite when working with outlined type. I can make complex shapes without any fault in the same gradients.

Colour space is CMYK as this needs to be for print. Exporting to pixel formats makes everything right. SVG files inherrit the fractal effect.

Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the trouble. Could you please share some info like:

• The version of OS and Illusrator?
  • Is the issue related to a specific document? If yes, could you please share the document with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link.
  • Have you tried toggling GPU Performance under Preferences > Performance?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anshul, thanks for getting back to me. 

I can confirm I'm using macOS Big Sur version 11.4 and Illustrator 25.3.1.

The fault appears in new and old documents and does not appear to be colour space specific.

My settings have GPU Performance activated. Toggling to "Off" solves the problem! Confirmed by it reappearing when GPU Performance is activated again. How bizarre?!

To clarify, GPU Performance has always been active. I use gradients most of the time in my work and the fault has only appeared in the last update or two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for your time and patience. We can reproduce this issue at our end, and the product team is currently isolating this issue further to get to the root cause. Please upvote this issue here (
illustrator.uservoice.com/...) and stay tuned for the updates.

Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am experiencing another type of GPU preview glitch on the latest version of illustrator 26.0.2.

With GPU preview, there is a strange grey line. After switching back to CPU preview, the issue has disappear but the previewing performance is hugely degraded.

I am running a MacBook Pro on Big Sur, 11.6.1. Please advise and fix the issue as soon as possible.\

Thank you.

Jeremy FongScreenshot 2021-12-20 at 4.58.51 pm.pngScreenshot 2021-12-20 at 4.59.10 pm.png

eeoug1kxg0jzj0-Screenshot 2021-12-21 at 11.16.47.pngeeoug1kxg0jzqb-Screenshot 2021-12-21 at 11.17.00.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines