Highlighted

GPU preview greyed out.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having a problem with my gpu preview. It's greyed out and I can't enabled it. On the performance tab, it says gpu is compatible and available. I can check the box in gpu performance and animated zoom, but somehow I can't enabled it. This is not the 1st time that it happened. It happens every now and then and it happened again today. I decided to ask it here in the forum cause I'm really pissed that I can't use it again. My gpu drivers and illustrator are both updated.

I am using a dual screen. 1 is a monitor-tablet Huion gt-191 and the other 1 is just a normal 23" Samsung monitor.

Here's the specs of my pc:

CPU: Intel I5-6600

RAM: 8GB

GPU: Nvidia Gtx 1060 6gb

I hope you guys can help me. I really need to use my illustrator as I have work to do. I can't work without the GPU preview

Thanks!

PS. sorry for the bad english. Not my 1st language

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

GPU preview greyed out.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having a problem with my gpu preview. It's greyed out and I can't enabled it. On the performance tab, it says gpu is compatible and available. I can check the box in gpu performance and animated zoom, but somehow I can't enabled it. This is not the 1st time that it happened. It happens every now and then and it happened again today. I decided to ask it here in the forum cause I'm really pissed that I can't use it again. My gpu drivers and illustrator are both updated.

I am using a dual screen. 1 is a monitor-tablet Huion gt-191 and the other 1 is just a normal 23" Samsung monitor.

Here's the specs of my pc:

CPU: Intel I5-6600

RAM: 8GB

GPU: Nvidia Gtx 1060 6gb

I hope you guys can help me. I really need to use my illustrator as I have work to do. I can't work without the GPU preview

Thanks!

PS. sorry for the bad english. Not my 1st language

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try and disconnect one of the external monitors?

When was your last restart?

Also: to solve individual issues, the forum is not the best place. Customer Care can log into your machine:

Contact Customer Care

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Monika+Gause  wrote

Can you try and disconnect one of the external monitors?

When was your last restart?

Also: to solve individual issues, the forum is not the best place. Customer Care can log into your machine:

Contact Customer Care

Tried both restarting and disconnecting the other monitor but nothing works. I installed the 2017 version and somehow it is working perfectly in there.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact Customer Care. We can't help you on the forum with this. They need to take a look inside your system.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any progress with this by chance? My GPU preview is greyed out too, on latest Illustrator. Specs:

i7-7700k

gtx 1060 6gb

64 gb ram

Just using one monitor.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a single machine or monitor problem. I have the same issue on a new Dell with dual monitors. Happens intermittently on either or both screen. Running Xeon multicore with Intel Turbo Max Boost on Win 10 Pro for Workstations. However, everything worked fine until the infamous Windows upgrade to version 1809. Since then, a lot of issues with CC 2019 apps.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might be less of a solution and more of a workaround... but I have the same problem too and I figured out that this only happens when I open Illustrator by opening an illustrator file. So when Illustrator is not open and I open an illustrator file, GPU preview is not available. If I then close the file and open it again while Illustrator stays open, GPU preview works normally.

Hope that helps!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gees... couldn't believe that's true after trying it out right now. what a weird bug... and even weirder it's not fixed yet.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only fix I've read here. Thank you!
And how weird is that!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're a rockstar! This workaround is the only one I've found that actually works.

Btw, I just updated to Illustrator 2020, and this bug is still not fixed. So no, people, you're not crazy. It's Adobe, all Adobe.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe how absurd this solution is! it works!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue on a 2018 MBP with AMD Radeon Pro 560 and 16g of ram. My MacOS is up to date. My Illustrator is up to date. I've reset my preferences, uninstalled and re-installed creative cloud and all my adobe apps. Nothing is working. I've sent my system info to Adobe but have yet to hear back. Would really appreciate a solution for this, currently my 2012 Macbook is running Illustrator faster than my one-year-old model.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact Customer Care. http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed it by restarting computer so i can again zoom normally 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Glad to hear it has been resolved! In case if this happens more often, you can also refer to this help article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/gpu-performance-errors-troubleshooting-workarounds.html 

Feel free to reach out if you run into any other questions or issues in the future.

Regards

Rishabh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had customer help take this issue and not get back with a fix. No one can figure it out.  I am working on the weekend and this is happening again. Very frusterating. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably your video card is not compatible.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monika please I know you're trying to help, but you're not helping. And it's absolutely frustrating to hear something like your card isn't compatible because on 99% of the cases it is, and the problem is the coordination between Adobe systems and Windows updates, and as a user that's not even remotely our fault.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- which system, card and Illustrator version is it?

- has it ever worked?

- did Customer Care report back with anything? Or did they never report back?

- what did you already try to fix it? Everything that has been mentioned in this thread?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• I am having this error too after I reinstall windows before I was working well
  •  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines