Highlighted

GPU problems when using Illustrator only the MacBook Pros screen

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I prefer using multiple monitors attached to my MacBook Pro (2018) - at least one. Working with Adobe Illustrator CC 24.2.3 is much more fun. Nevertheless, sometimes (on journey e.g.) I just have my MBP with me without any extra monitors attached to it. The smaller workspace is a bit annoying, but acceptable. What I do not accept is the fact, that an error occurs when creating a new document or open an existing one. The errortext reads the following (I try to translate it from German to English text):

"the preview could not be displayed completely. The requested operation could not be completed."

The document opens in black and white preview mode and the animated zoom does not work.

It seems, that there is a problem with the GPU and CPU management.

Is that a known issue and is there any workaround for that problem?

I already erased the prefs, deactivated GPU-support and activated it again, ...

Please help!

thanks in advance

Jan

Topics

Bug, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

GPU problems when using Illustrator only the MacBook Pros screen

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I prefer using multiple monitors attached to my MacBook Pro (2018) - at least one. Working with Adobe Illustrator CC 24.2.3 is much more fun. Nevertheless, sometimes (on journey e.g.) I just have my MBP with me without any extra monitors attached to it. The smaller workspace is a bit annoying, but acceptable. What I do not accept is the fact, that an error occurs when creating a new document or open an existing one. The errortext reads the following (I try to translate it from German to English text):

"the preview could not be displayed completely. The requested operation could not be completed."

The document opens in black and white preview mode and the animated zoom does not work.

It seems, that there is a problem with the GPU and CPU management.

Is that a known issue and is there any workaround for that problem?

I already erased the prefs, deactivated GPU-support and activated it again, ...

Please help!

thanks in advance

Jan

Topics

Bug, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jan,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. That's definitely not a typical experience with the application. I would request if you could share a few more details like:

• Operating system you are working on.
  • Is the issue related to a specific document? If yes, could you please share the document with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link. 
  • Where the files are saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)? 
  • Does deactivating GPU performance help resolving the issue?

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti,

the problem occurs only when using the MacBook Pro (2018) without attached monitors. No matter if I open an existing document or creating a new one. Disabling the GPU is automatically disabling the animated zoom.

Here are the specs of my MBP

Bildschirmfoto 2020-08-19 um 22.31.19.png

I also use the Adobe Illustrator CC Version 24.2.3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines