• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gradient Banding

Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently today I just noticed my new artboars with gradient colors have hand a banding issue, my previous works I opened with gradients don't seem to be experiencing this. Was this an update that caused it, or is there anyway to fix it? 
Below I have attached the new one which is green and blue gradient vs a old shape I had created with a gold gradient which has no banding. Thank you for any help given. 

gradient banding.PNGno banding.PNG

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Did you use a Gradient Layer? 

Did you apply »Noise«? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

s1.PNG

 The thing is I have never applied noise to my previous gradients and they turned out fine, no banding whatsoever. I believe something changed in my settings or an update caused this as I noticed it today. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do apologize, I thought I was on the Photoshop Forum, therefore the Noise-question. 

What are the two colors? 

What is the ultimate output – web or print? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries! Web but that isn't the problem particularly, more so I can just straight up see the lines when in artboard and exporting, never had this issue before on artboard or exporting. Tried to reset every single setting in Illustrator but no avail. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you work for web untimately you may want to work in RGB right away, the screenshot seems to indicate a CMYK file. 

What are the two endpoint colors? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed it to RGB and it's still the same unfortunately, regardless of the color combination banding occurs, tried many RGB colors

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which RGB Space did you assign the file? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried assigning all the available RGB modes, did not work so I just decided to reset my computer, about to find out if that helps anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines