• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gradient Blurring Error

Participant ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm having an issue with the newest Illustrator CC.  I create a lot of items containing masked blurs.  There has never been an issue.  In the newest Illustrator update however, I am having a problem with these masked blurs changing appearance even though I don't change any blur values.

For instance, in my image here, I drew the first flower as I intended.  The edge blurs are all set at 10 pixels.  I'll then do something like grab the shape in the second image and readjust the gradient and then BLAMMO! The entire image changes the appearance of it's blurs.  The outer edge blurs now look like they are at a 40 pixel blur or something.  If I click on one and check it's properties, it's still at a 10 pixel blur even though that is obvioiulsy not what it appears as.  What is going on here?  I never had this problem before.

I have to go back, click each individual blurred shape and reset it's blur properties to get it to look back like the first image.  I can't do that every time I change a gradient.  Please help!  
illustrator-flower-sample.jpg

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience with new update. I tried to replicate this on my end, I did not find any problem. Would you mind sharing version of OS and Illustrator? Did it happen only with this design or does it happen with all the files?
All this information would help us understand your issue and work accordingly.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Ashutosh,

I am working with Illustrator 24.1.2 and using a 2014 iMac Retina running Catalina 10.15.4

It happens with a variety of different files in Illustrator.  I just had it happen again today which caused me to look back here for responses and possible solutions.

If I pick up the entire group of objects related to the error, I can move them an inch or two away from the original location and the error fixes.  Then I have to move it back to the intended original location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines