• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gradient doesn't work

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, regarding the latest updates of Illustrator I noticed that the gradient doesn't work correctly anymore. When I use the gradient it's no longer a uniform shade but is streaked, thereford I can't use gradients anymore and it's quite a problem.
Thanks

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

You can have multiple versions of Illustrator installed, if you think your previous version handled it better, you can install it by clicking on the 3 dots next to Illustrator in the CC app and select other versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would have been better if you had shown an example, now it is guessing:

Preview problem? Try to switch from GPU to CPU preview (Cmd or Ctrl E).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. Sorry I didn't attached any file, I will now so that I can show you. The picture I attached is with the CPU preview, it's the same with the GPU and when I export it too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am afraid it is caused by a limited amount of greys stretched over a large area.

Adding noise could mask it (like Photoshop does with dithering gradients).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's unfortunately a 1080 x 1920px and it never did it until I've updated the latest version of Illustrator, that's why I was concerned. Anyhow thank you very much for you time 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can have multiple versions of Illustrator installed, if you think your previous version handled it better, you can install it by clicking on the 3 dots next to Illustrator in the CC app and select other versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines