• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gradient not blending properly

Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm always working with these two colors which blend together well. However, when I try to make a gradient with the two, I get this faded white right in the middle of the two colors. But when I use the blend option, it works and looks just how I want it to. 

I could just always use the blend option but it's just a couple extra steps compared to using the gradient tool which is much easier to use and manipulate. Am I doing something wrong with the gradient tool? Or is this just how it works?

Screen Shot 2019-12-26 at 10.43.34 AM.png

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joel,

Thanks for reaching out. I'd recommend checking out  https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/gradients.html for more information about Gradients and how you can create them using different options.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In my environment there is no difference between blend and gradient. I think there are some problems in your environment.

Screen Shot 2019-12-27 at 23.39.20.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-27 at 23.39.28.png

macOS 10.15.2 + Illustrator 24.0.1

--
Susumu Iwasaki

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, that's strange. Thank you though for the clarification! I'll check that out on my end! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Is there a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honeslty I still haven't found one except now I just have the corrected gradient saved in my libraries so I just drag it in everytime I need to use it and it's fine. Another option that works is once the gradient (with the white still in the middle) is made, I click just inside the gradient colors to create a new color and then delete the old ones and then the gradient looks how it should. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact issue and its funny because it's with these exact colors and it isn't my environment because I've been using this forever, then all of a sudden there's this creamy transition that just won't go away. Thank you so much for your helpful tips regarding using the blend tool, creating a swatch, and removing & readding colors from the gradient. 

Since this was quite some time ago that you posted this question, did you ever find the correct fix aside from these?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! 
I Just had the same issue and googled for a solution and came across this post. It caused me to ask in the office if anyone knew the answer. This worked for us: make sure all your colour swatches used to make the gradient are CMYK and not a mixture of CMYK and Pantone. I swapped my Pantone swatches to CMYK and the gradient worked perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines