• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gradient Problem

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As shown in the pic attached, after applying the gradient to the stroke, and adjusting the alpha to 0 at one end, there will be some lines on each dot of the dotted line.

I'm not sure whether it is a bug, or it is some setting I didn't get it correct. And how could I solve it?

屏幕截图(1047).png

TOPICS
Bug , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

It could be called a bug, but it's nothing that you're doing wrong: applying an opacity of less than 100% to a gradient stroke produces these lines. the only solution to your problem I've found so far is to use two strokes and to create an opacity mask.

tromboniator_0-1601856068837.png

The black and white in the gradient on the dashed line are both at 100% opacity.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please show the settings for the dashes and the appearance panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika, 

The attachment it the stroke panel and concerning setting.

屏幕截图(1072).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the appearance panel can you try and click on the bottommost "Opacity" and then in there check the option "Knockout group" - does that help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could this be one of those weird view issues that only shows up at particular magnifications? Try zooming in or out a little. Are the lines still there?

Also, do you see these lines if you export out something like a PDF or a PNG? I appreciate that isn't a solution but it should help isolate whether this is a real or a virtual problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael, 

I'm afraid it's still there when I export it as jpg or pdf.

屏幕截图(1074).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there more than one stroke or fill applied?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be called a bug, but it's nothing that you're doing wrong: applying an opacity of less than 100% to a gradient stroke produces these lines. the only solution to your problem I've found so far is to use two strokes and to create an opacity mask.

tromboniator_0-1601856068837.png

The black and white in the gradient on the dashed line are both at 100% opacity.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Thanks a lot, and it does work.

More, does that mean for now, there is no other solution to this exept to the mask method you mentioned here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only tell you that that is the only solution I've found; it doesn't mean that other answers don't exist. You might wish to report this as a bug here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines