Highlighted

Gradient Problems

New Here ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there all. Having a bit of trouble with my gradients. So I have the rounded rectangle set to a dark blue to clear gradient on top with the solid box underneath it. Why, if it's set to a clear gradient, is it showing white and is there a way around this?gradient.jpg

Topics

Bug, Draw and design, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Gradient Problems

New Here ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there all. Having a bit of trouble with my gradients. So I have the rounded rectangle set to a dark blue to clear gradient on top with the solid box underneath it. Why, if it's set to a clear gradient, is it showing white and is there a way around this?gradient.jpg

Topics

Bug, Draw and design, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to see transparency: View > Show Transparency Grid

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got that but shouldn't the gradient over the solid box just blend together if the gradient is going to clear? What I'm trying to do here is to fade the houses and such but have the background remain solid. My problem is the gradient shape is showing white over the solid color when it should just be fading to clear.gradient2.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Advocate ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are doign this the wrong way

jus set a rectangle with a black to white gradient on top of the houses, select both and in the transparency panel make an opacity mask

Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 1.04.57 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your gradient stop is white. It'll still blend to white if it's transparent (there will be a point where, say, it is 50% transparent and 50% white).

To get what you want, blend with the same colour at both stops.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try to duplicate the dark blue gradient stop , remove the stop you set to clear and use 0% of the duplicate dark blue instead.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should try an Opacity Mask, which is a Gradient in an object above your houses, being used as a Transparency Mask.

To make an Opacity Mask in the Transparency panel:

1. Select the Black > White Gradient-filled object and your Grouped houses.
  2. And in the Transparency panel, check Make Mask.

Hope this helps!

See screenshots of before and after the mask is applied.

Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 2.12.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-19 at 2.12.55 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines