Highlighted

Gradient Tool makes solid sides?!

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it's weird but hear me out. So, I want to be able to be able to color with a gradient appearance on a traced object (it was a closed object btw) that I created, but when I go and use the gradient tool, not only does the annotator not appear but the end result looks like 2 solid lines instead of a gradient. At one point, it seemed just fine. I was even able to do that same thing to multiple selections and they've all worked out nicely so IDK what happened or what to do about this. Any idea on why this is happening? Here's an example of what I'm looking for with the first one: the hair flows on one stroke of gradience.

God Finn.png

But now, whenever I do the tool, it looks like this even with just one selected object: 

Annotation 2020-07-04 084556.jpg

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ton Frederiks | Adobe Community Professional

Are you using Live Paint? It can behave strange with gradients.

If so, try if it works with Live Paint expanded.

TOPICS
Bug, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Gradient Tool makes solid sides?!

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it's weird but hear me out. So, I want to be able to be able to color with a gradient appearance on a traced object (it was a closed object btw) that I created, but when I go and use the gradient tool, not only does the annotator not appear but the end result looks like 2 solid lines instead of a gradient. At one point, it seemed just fine. I was even able to do that same thing to multiple selections and they've all worked out nicely so IDK what happened or what to do about this. Any idea on why this is happening? Here's an example of what I'm looking for with the first one: the hair flows on one stroke of gradience.

God Finn.png

But now, whenever I do the tool, it looks like this even with just one selected object: 

Annotation 2020-07-04 084556.jpg

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ton Frederiks | Adobe Community Professional

TOPICS
Bug, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 04, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 04, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yay! It works! It actually works! Thank u so much! :3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 04, 2020 0
Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear that helped!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 04, 2020 0
Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 04, 2020 0