• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

gradient

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wanting to apply a even gradient right down the middle of my image which has multiple strokes and are different in profile, is there a way for me to apply this or should i try going about it making a compound path first then applying the gradient??? anything would help, i will upload the png at the bottombroken heart original.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Desmond,

If you have no fill applied or if you remove the (white) fill, you can just create and place a path behind the artwork, and apply the desired gradient.

If you wish the gradient to fill the whole artwork, you can create a bounding path from copies of (part of) the artwork and create a Clipping Mask from that and the path with the gradient which must then be at least as large as the artwork.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Desmond,

If you have no fill applied or if you remove the (white) fill, you can just create and place a path behind the artwork, and apply the desired gradient.

If you wish the gradient to fill the whole artwork, you can create a bounding path from copies of (part of) the artwork and create a Clipping Mask from that and the path with the gradient which must then be at least as large as the artwork.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jacob I didn't even think about that and i have done other projects today that involved clipping masks lol. Im about to try it out lyk how it goes but I can already assume this is about to work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome, Desmond, and I look forward to your findings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines