Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gradient

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

when I put gradient on a shape( for ex. a rectangle) between the two main colors a grayish color appears.

in one image its the screen of my pc that there is a gray color between black and white. the other image is the correct gradient from internet!

I'll be glad to solve my problem.

TOPICS
Bug , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

By default, Black is the darkest point in Grayscale mode. So, in the middle of the color transition we have a point where color becomes weaker and gray becomes stronger. To solve this, add some color (in this case, red) to your black color stop. For example, in Color Picker use Red Hue and the right-bottom corner (Saturation = 100, Brightness = 0 or 1) 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By default, Black is the darkest point in Grayscale mode. So, in the middle of the color transition we have a point where color becomes weaker and gray becomes stronger. To solve this, add some color (in this case, red) to your black color stop. For example, in Color Picker use Red Hue and the right-bottom corner (Saturation = 100, Brightness = 0 or 1) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks alot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also ditch the CMYK workflow and change the Document Color Mode to RGB if you're not setting up artwork for digital printing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

M,

I agree with ZooN that if you wish to match something from the internet, RGB will be the obvious choice; and with the reservation about print, of course.

And I agree with Anna that in CMYK you need to avoid the greying of the colour. My own preference is to use the same CMY values at both stops and just add K on the dark side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines