• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Graphic pen not working with illustrator cc 2015

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pen of my HUION 1060 PLUS is not working with the Illustrator CC 2015 version, where as its working with the mouse as well as on the other graphic software ex., photoshop without a glitch.

InkedWhatsApp Image 2017-12-01 at 20.45.11_LI.jpg

All the necessary drivers are up-to-date as well, tried reinstalling illustration, didn't helped though.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

I was having the same problem as the original poster and could not figure anything else. I installed the wacom driver like Monika said and it fixed my problem for me!! Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that the device is not pressure sensitive in Illustrator? If so, please understand that the pencil tool is not pressure sensitive, it lays down a mono weight stroke always. You can modify it after the fact with the variable width tool though.

If you want to draw with pressure sensitivity and get variable widths as you draw, you can use the blob brush tool. Be sure to double click the blob brush icon in the tool panel to bring up the tool settings and turn the pressure sensitivity on.

Screen Shot 2017-12-01 at 9.32.15 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've requested pressure sensitivity for the pencil tool as a feature in Illustrator and think it would go a long way toward making a better drawing experience and hopefully Adobe would bridge that to  the Adobe Draw App as well. Please vote it up, Adobe engineers really only look at feature requests with lots of votes. Pressure Sensitivity added to Pencil Tool – Adobe Illustrator Feedback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Michael+Riordan  schrieb

I've requested pressure sensitivity for the pencil tool as a feature in Illustrator

The plugin Dynamic Sketch draws using width profiles and pressure sensitivity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I activated the pressure sensitivity in blob brush tool settings, it

didn't work. I tried my Huion with another laptop and it's working just

fine with illustrator. Also if I draw something using the mouse, the huion

pen is only working as an eraser tool and nothing else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

looks like the problem is with system/tablet interaction. Try to reset tablet Preferences (I'm not sure how it's named for your model, but it might be something like Tablet Settings Utilite). Maybe it make sense to remove and reinstall the driver (but not reinstall above the existing driver; remove and reinstall). Previously close Illustrator. You will see the results at the next start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sanjanar73749964  schrieb

So I activated the pressure sensitivity in blob brush tool settings, it

didn't work. I tried my Huion with another laptop and it's working just

fine with illustrator. Also if I draw something using the mouse, the huion

pen is only working as an eraser tool and nothing else.

Try and install a Wacom driver additionally to the Huion driver.

This is a hack that might or might not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem as the original poster and could not figure anything else. I installed the wacom driver like Monika said and it fixed my problem for me!! Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not sure ... but I had the same problem. Then installed the Wacom driver which forced me to reboot my mac. Not sure if it is the Wacom Driver or the Reboot which fixed the Huion Driver (As I had not rebooted after installing it). In either case all brush settings are now unlocked 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm having the same problem with Huion Kamvas 221pro and Adobe Illustrator CC2018

What do you mean by "installing in addition?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You still need the Huion driver. Install the Wacom driver on top of that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sanjanar,

Did you try Monika's suggestion of installing a Wacom tablet driver in tandem with your Huion driver? Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best,

Wren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey i am having the same problem my graphics pen is acting as an eraser in adobe animate and in illustrator . Did you find a solution to this problem please help me out it would be great thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is the cursor? Check if the layer is locked.

If you can't draw pressure-sensitive then you can try and install a Wacom driver additionally. This is a hack that might or might not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines