• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Graphics problem with new Surface Pro 2017

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have just purchased the New Surface Pro (intel core i7, 512gb SSD, 16gb Ram) and i'm getting a graphical issue when GPU performance is enabled using just regular brushes.When i turn off GPU performance this issue goes away, however then i get an issue of lag zooming in and out.

All my drivers are up to date, there is nothing else running.

Anyone else have this?

Screenshot (1).pngScreenshot (2).png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

This issue is fixed by Intel in their latest driver update (15.46.02.4729 - released on 11 JUL 2017 ) available at - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26941/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-46-?product=88358

This update cannot show up driver search, as it might take some time for Microsoft to get it integrated in their Surface Pro driver updates. Microsoft prevents installing driver directly from Intel if you try the installer directly, however latest driver from Intel can be

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Congratulations on your cool hardware (no irony intended)!

Unfortunately this has become an issue lately. You can try if updating the graphics driver is possible and helps with the issue. But if it doesn't, you can only turn off the GPU preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. I already tried updating the drivers, it had no effect, also tried a fresh install of illustrator, that too had no effect.

Unfortunately turning off the GPU preview seems to make illustrator very laggy when zooming and panning which is unacceptable to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an incompatibility that comes and goes with every new update of Windows, Illustrator and/or graphic card drivers unfortunately. And it's such a pity that it happens with some of the best hardware.

You could try i there's already a thread on it here: Adobe Illustrator Feedback

And so you could add you voice or at least follow the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you figured out a way to fix this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yoyoferro​ the above worked prior to a recent Microsoft update. Now I cannot manually install new drivers and overwrite the ones Microsoft included. GPU preview looks like garbage in AI 2017 and 2018.

@rama@adobe how can we improve GPU preview on Surface Pro 4?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is fixed by Intel in their latest driver update (15.46.02.4729 - released on 11 JUL 2017 ) available at - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26941/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-46-?pr...

This update cannot show up driver search, as it might take some time for Microsoft to get it integrated in their Surface Pro driver updates. Microsoft prevents installing driver directly from Intel if you try the installer directly, however latest driver from Intel can be installed with steps listed in section "Update video adapter device drivers" > "Intel (Surface Pro devices)" in below link

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/illustrator-gpu-performance-driver-update.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 10, 2017 Sep 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this helped. thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact problem described in this thread, and the driver fix that @rama@adobe proposed does not work for my Surface Pro 4. Apparently Microsoft pushed another update out and the older driver can no longer be installed manually (I tried).

GPU preview looks like garbage on my beloved Surface Pro 4 now - I just installed the latest AI updates to make sure it wasn't anything there, but same problem. This is unbelievably frustrating. Who is in charge here? Intel, Microsoft or Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ideawarrior the driver fix used to work, but not any more. Adobe blames Microsoft, but we shouldn't need a gaming rig to run Illustrator. Adobe should be able to make it work.

If anybody finds a workaround (other than switching to CPU which is horribly slow) please write and let us know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 23, 2017 Dec 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So bugs in display drivers are Adobe‘s fault somehow? And for some reason people won’t or can’t install the fixed driver which Intel made??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines