Gray line around exported PNG with shadow

Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need a white logo (80% transparency) with a drop shadow. I've created it in illustrator, then exported as a PNG. When I go to place it again in other docs in illustrator, there is a gray line around everything. I'm a self-taught illustrator user, so I'm guessing it's something simple I'm missing, but I can't find any info on this exact thing. I've attached 2 images -the first is how I saved it and the second is how it looks when it's placed. Is there a simple solution or is it complex?

Capture6654.JPGCaptur33e.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Gray line around exported PNG with shadow

Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need a white logo (80% transparency) with a drop shadow. I've created it in illustrator, then exported as a PNG. When I go to place it again in other docs in illustrator, there is a gray line around everything. I'm a self-taught illustrator user, so I'm guessing it's something simple I'm missing, but I can't find any info on this exact thing. I've attached 2 images -the first is how I saved it and the second is how it looks when it's placed. Is there a simple solution or is it complex?

Capture6654.JPGCaptur33e.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 20, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're placing your logo into other Illustrator files then why not just keep it as an .ai? A png is a raster file and will never be as sharp and clean as the native Illustrator vector file especially if you need to change its size. An ai can be used at any size with no loss of quality.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 20, 2018 1
Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for such a quick reply and sorry - I should have explained better.  The problem is that we need to provide this logo to customers who will be placing it in the images of items they are selling. Some will sell physical products and others will be selling digital items, so it needs to work for both illustrator and photoshop users. So I suppose I could give them the actual .ai file. I was also able to export it without any problems if I change the color and export without the shadow.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 20, 2018 0
Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the large advertising agency that I work in we always (assuming we have the vector versions) provide native ai files to vendors and clients for logos. We do make sure that all type in the logos is outlined so that they will function as an independent file with no need for specific fonts.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 20, 2018 0
Mentor ,
Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>  it needs to work for both illustrator and photoshop users

It will.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 20, 2018 0
Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, that's what we'll do then and I won't stress over this exporting stuff so much then. Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 20, 2018 0
Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 20, 2018 0
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem except for the fact that I have clients who don't have adobe products. Additionally, if I have to export something as a pdf for a report, it looks pretty rough. Has anyone found a way to combat the issue?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 22, 2020 0
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us your version and system and show a screenshot.

ALso please tell us how exactly you made the design.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 23, 2020 0
Resources