• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Grouping Issue

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a grouping issue with illustrator. It made everything into one single layer as I saved it last night. I have restarted my computer already and opened a different PDF like one of the agents told me to do yesterday. The file I need to work with will not allow me to separate the layers it is supposed to have. How can I separate them so I coud conttinure my project?  It is a college project I have been working on for several days. Please help!

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If elements are "grouped into one layer" after re-opening a file, this points to several possible issues:

1. you saved a PDF and didn't check the "Illustrator editable" option

2. you opened an AI file with a lower version of Illustrator

3. Your file went corrupt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I hope your issue is resolved now. We'd appreciate if you can mark the earlier response correct. You may also share your solution if you did something else to resolve the problem. This will help other users with the similar situation.

In addition to Monika's response, I'd recommend checking out https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/layers.html to know more about layers.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ashutosh,

Honestly, I am not quite sure whether the answer helped or not. I ended up having to take a screen shot of it to show my professor what I WAS working on, but I had to delete the file as it was giving me so many issues. My guess is the file became corrupted, but I am very new to the program, so it could also have been that I clicked on the wrong thing before saving it. I will try to use it again sometime, and hopefully the turnout will be much better. Thank you to you and Monika for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines