• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

guides and objects invisible when aligning

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the latest Illustrator CC and and found lately when I am moving my guides, they dissapear on screen until I let the mouse go, so when I am lining them up with an object I have to keep letting the mouse go to see where the guide is. Does that make sense? 

Also, if I select an object, say a square, and move my guide to line up with the centre mark of the centre, the bounding box of the square deselects, so I cant see where the centre mark is to line it up. This never used to be like this, all things used to remain visible while moving, but now they arent, why change this?? Is it supposed to be an improvement on how it used to be? Or am I missing something that I ahve unchecked or checked to make this happen? 

Video attached!

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Go to Preferences > Performance and at the bottom deactivate Real-Time Drawing and Editing. I don't know why, but that's the way it works.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Guides have no fill nor stroke. That's what you will see when you move a guide with Real Time Preview enabled; a real time preview of an object without a fill or stroke.

You can also temporarely switch to CPU Preview (Cmd E or Ctrl E).

Or switch to Outline Preview

Or create a separate layer for guides and set the layer to outline mode (Cmd or Ctrl click the layer eye icon).

And you can add your vote here:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/39740689-realtime-preview-makes-rulers-and-objects-disappea

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Preferences > Performance and at the bottom deactivate Real-Time Drawing and Editing. I don't know why, but that's the way it works.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks for this! Was driving me absolutely nuts trying to just eyeball to align without my guides on selected objects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guides have no fill nor stroke. That's what you will see when you move a guide with Real Time Preview enabled; a real time preview of an object without a fill or stroke.

You can also temporarely switch to CPU Preview (Cmd E or Ctrl E).

Or switch to Outline Preview

Or create a separate layer for guides and set the layer to outline mode (Cmd or Ctrl click the layer eye icon).

And you can add your vote here:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/39740689-realtime-previ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, now that you've said that, I see that it should have been perfectly obvious. Thanks, Ton.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines