• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Guides get unlocked when reopening documents

Enthusiast ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's getting really annoying. i always keep guides locked and when i open an exisiting document i end up moving guides all around and have to undo. 

so now i have to go through the excersice of finding out if my guides are locked or not every time i open a document. 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Illustrator are you using?

Can you share a sample .ai file (with locked guides)?

How are you locking your guides?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm on 24.2.1 on latest mac os 

this happens on both my imac and macbook pro

i lock guides using cmd+option+; 

i mostly use guides for identifying safe areas for our titleblocks. they are always the same on each document and they are always locked because there is no reason to change them. but upon opening a document they are all unlocked. 

i'm not locking individual guides with cmd+2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Providing a sample .ai file may still be useful in order think about the matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I hope you found your answer. We'd appreciate if you can share it with us. It'll help other users with similar concern.

If you still have concerns, please share information asked in previous response. Also, please provide version of OS & Illustrator. We'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines