Highlighted

Guides greyed out

Contributor ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive seen a number of misc responses to posts, but none seem to address this issue:

Illustrator 2020 (24.1.2)

Short of it: Pulled up rulers, dragged from the side to create guide (Ive done this many times), it creates new "guide" in the layers panel, but guides are no where in sight and theres nothing to select. View>guides is greyed out (as seen in image below). Ive tried with shape/object/text selected/deselected. Tried with Smart Guides on/off. Remains greyed out. Why is this happening? Any suggestions?

Guides greyed out.jpg

More info: The initial "issue" I'm having that led to this is that I can't align text to eachother or to the artboard. The technique/solution Im trying to follow is to use guides.

Any help would be DEEPLY appreciated.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by federico_platon | Adobe Community Professional

Uncheck the Trim View, please.

Topics

Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Guides greyed out

Contributor ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive seen a number of misc responses to posts, but none seem to address this issue:

Illustrator 2020 (24.1.2)

Short of it: Pulled up rulers, dragged from the side to create guide (Ive done this many times), it creates new "guide" in the layers panel, but guides are no where in sight and theres nothing to select. View>guides is greyed out (as seen in image below). Ive tried with shape/object/text selected/deselected. Tried with Smart Guides on/off. Remains greyed out. Why is this happening? Any suggestions?

Guides greyed out.jpg

More info: The initial "issue" I'm having that led to this is that I can't align text to eachother or to the artboard. The technique/solution Im trying to follow is to use guides.

Any help would be DEEPLY appreciated.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by federico_platon | Adobe Community Professional

Topics

Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
varxtis LATEST
Contributor ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, you're awesome!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines