Highlighted

guides not showing up in Illustrator

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I drag a guide down from the ruler and I see a faint line but when I let go nothing is there. I liked the way guides worked in earlier versions. I didn't have this problem. How do I get them to show up?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

guides not showing up in Illustrator

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I drag a guide down from the ruler and I see a faint line but when I let go nothing is there. I liked the way guides worked in earlier versions. I didn't have this problem. How do I get them to show up?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 14, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Katherine,

Sorry to hear about your experience. There has been no change in the behavior of the guides in recent versions. Would you mind sharing more details like:

1. Version of OS and Illustrator.

2. Is it happening with a specific document or all?

3. Have you tried resetting preferences? If not, please try that by following the steps provided on help article 

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html#setting_illustrator_preferences and let us know if it helps.

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article. 

All this information would help us understand your issue. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you drag from the intersection of the rulers, you will see faint lines that will disappear when you let go.

That is because you do not drag guides, but reset the X/Y 0/0 point.

Dragging from somewhere inside a ruler should give a guide.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe View > Trim View is selected as is suggested in this thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/guides-greyed-out/m-p/11132448/thread-id/176987?page=1#M1...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 15, 2020 0