• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Halftone pattern

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to add a halftone effect to a pattern? Can you create a pattern and then use that to create a halftone instead of the dots?

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show a screenshot.

Do you want to apply that to the pattern itself? Tothe object when the pattern is applied?

Do you want this as vector or pixels?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to resize the words one-by-one to do this. I'm wondering if I'm able to do this a different way or if this isn't a thing. I have to do some experimental typography for an assignment if that clears anything up. 

Screenshot 2020-12-04 210230.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't get what you want to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not 100% sure what you're asking, but I think what you mean is rather than a dot or lines, can you use your own unique graphic as a halftone "dot". Your best bet might be turning the graphic into a symbol, and then using the symbol sprayer. But even then it's going to be hard to recreate a true halftone distribution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are many "how-to" on google and this is but one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnY0OfsG1cw

From your explanation I gather you are wishing to have a half tone effect inside of the letters/words? If that is your goal then you need to change the font to outline and paste the half tone into the letters. If I miss read then please ignore this last remark.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines