• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hand tool and spacebar modifier key

Enthusiast ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Windows and often use the Spacebar to temporarily access the Hand tool. That has stopped working. I accidentally discovered that Alt+Spacebar can temporarily access the Hand tool. Did Adobe change the modifier key for the Hand tool? Is there something wrong with my installation?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Check if there is a language setting or a language utility that is causing the conflict.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Did Adobe change the modifier key for the Hand tool?"

You can check that in Edit... > Keyboard Shortcuts > Tools

It can be another application that is interfering the shortcut (Wacom tablet?).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's not a Wacom, you could try and quit your browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check if there is a language setting or a language utility that is causing the conflict.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. That did the trick. I found that a language utility that has foreign accent characters was causing the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I received a private message, which I was not able to reply to for some reason, so I am replying here for anyone interested:

"I am having the same issue with my hand tool as you did. I have to hold alt + spacebar to use it. I read that the solution for you was to change something in a language utility. Is that a windows utility? Where did you find the option?"

The language utility that was causing a problem on my computer was not a Windows utility. It was a third party language utility called Hot Key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines