• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Have a jsx-Panel in Adobe Illustrator 2020/Startup Scripts. With every Document an new panel is adde

Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

having an jsx-Panel Script in Adobe Illustrator 2020/Startup Scripts

http://vectorboom.com/load/freebies/freescripts/free_illustrator_script_flip_jsx/22-1-0-390

After startup of Illustrator, the panel is loaded fine.

Every time a new Document is created in Illustator the script seems to be started an an second/third/etc. panel of the same Script is added to the GUI.

Any hints?

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Check in your startup script to ensure that $.engineName != "transient" and $.engineName != "", that should fix it. (If this condition is true, return and do not run)

I figured this out years ago when facing the problem and after many many hours I was somehow drawn to examining the engineName and found the discrepancy. I now gift these hours to everyone, for the good of the world!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just add more details:

After Startup of Illustrator the panel is on the GUI twice.

Open/create a Document a thrid panel is created.

After then you can open/create as much Documents you want, no more panel is created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

from the Scripting Guide

Startup scripts (.jsx scripts only)
JavaScript scripts with a .jsx file extension can be installed in one of two folders, so the scripts run
automatically when you launch Illustrator and each time you run a script. The folders are:
 An application-specific startup scripts folder, which contains scripts for lllustratorCC
 A general startup scripts folder, which contains scripts that run automatically when you start any
Creative Suite 5 application
Application-specific startup scripts folder
You must place application-specific startup scripts in a folder named Startup Scripts, which you create
in the Illustrator installation directory.
For example, when lllustratorCC is installed to its default location, you would create the Startup Scripts
folder at the following location:
 Windows: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe lllustratorCC\Startup Scripts\
 Mac OS: /Applications/Adobe lllustrator CC/Startup Scripts/
JavaScript scripts with a .jsx extension placed in the Startup Scripts folder run automatically when:
 The application is launched.
 Any JavaScript file is selected from the Scripts menu (File > Scripts).
General startup scripts folder
The general startup scripts folder contains scripts that run automatically when you start any Creative
Suite 5 application. You create the folder in the following location:
 Windows: Program Files/Common Files/Adobe/Startup Scripts CC/Illustrator
 Mac OS: :Library:Application Support:Adobe:Startup Scripts CC:Illustrator
If a script in the general startup folder is meant to be executed only by Illustrator, the script must include
the ExtendScript #target directive (#target illustrator)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CarlosCanto,

I've read the guide before.

I'm on Mac Os. 

I put the file in

 Mac OS: /Applications/Adobe lllustrator 2020/Startup Scripts/

and the the behavior is like discribed above.

Any additional hints?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check in your startup script to ensure that $.engineName != "transient" and $.engineName != "", that should fix it. (If this condition is true, return and do not run)

I figured this out years ago when facing the problem and after many many hours I was somehow drawn to examining the engineName and found the discrepancy. I now gift these hours to everyone, for the good of the world!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hahaha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines