Have an object visible but non-exportable? Altogether or from an artboard.

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to have an object visible so you can work with it but make it not show when you export images? Like hide it altogether or just make it not appear in a certain artboard. I have a group of objects and a couple of artboards some of which overlap so I can export different parts of the whole. On some artboards I have some explanatory text and other things that I would like to keep visible in the work file but would like to hide when exporting. Also some text would be good to be shown when exporting one artboard but have it hidden in another one (when the artboards overlap). Something similar to the options on an object in 3ds Max - have it hidden to cameras, or to reflections etc., but still have it in the scene.

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Often objects don't export when you set the layer to template or to non-printing.

But I would test that thoroughly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines