• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Have created a pattern lto use as background. Have he swatch, but how do I place it to shape.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to use a pattern I created in Ai as a background in and existing file. It will need triming to fit.

I'm on an iMac in OS Mojave 10.14.8.

It has been saved as a swatch, vut can't get it in place and trimmedto size.  Somehow I'm missing a step here.

Anyone out ther kind enough to help this grandmother out?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you have filled an object with your pattern swatch you can move the pattern by double clicking the Selection tool (V) and check the Transform Patterns (uncheck the Transform Objects).

Same with double clicking the Scale tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Once you make a pattern, you need to fill an object with the pattern. So you can make a rectangle ot any other shape to fill it with. If the pattern is too large in scale, you can use the transform panel and making sure that transform pattern only is selected, resize the pattern that fills your object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines