• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Have to reload fonts into illustrator Vers 25.0.1 every morning at startup.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Artist on my team needs to reload his fonts every morning when he restarts Illustrator ... is there a fix for this?

Thanks

TOPICS
Draw and design , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please describe step by step what is happening?

Also: which system is this?

Do you use font management? Which one?

Or is this about Adobe Fonts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For best results with fonts they should always be loaded in the appropriate place on the computer not within the application folder of any particular program. That way all fonts are always available to any programs that you may own. It is also recommended that you use a font management program such as Suitcase or FontExplorer. With a font management program you can further manage the use of fonts as these apps can be used to turn off fonts that you don't always need and keep sets of fonts that you need frequently. Further, the font management can be set up to automatically activate fonts that you choose not to always have open upon opening a document that needs them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would not recommend a font management application. They are often the cause of issues and it has often taken them a while for them to be compatible when there's a new version.

They are useful if you have to often load different fonts. If you don't have to (as an in-house designer e.g.), then a font management doesn't help you much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika,

I am sorry to hear you do not recommend font management software to others in the community. We at Extensis have thousands of satisfied customers that have been using our software successfully for over 25 years. 

As a designer myself, I rely on our products to 100% accurately activate the appropriate fonts for each of my projects. Especially when it comes down to making sure I'm using the appropriate font supplied by my clients.

Also, we do not require any fonts to be active prior to opening a project. Our patented technology allows you to keep all fonts in our font management application deactivated until they are needed. Then we search, find and activate the appropriate font when called upon.

Without a Font Management program like Suitcase Fusion, Universal Type Client, or others, you have to add fonts to your system folders. This uses  up precious memory on your computer. And may not allow multiple faces or similarly named fonts to be installed as they will (all) be active once installed. These font conflicts are the number one reason people turn to font management solutions. 

I agree. If you are an in-house designer and only work on projects for branded materials for a single company or have a limited number of fonts necessary for your jobs - Then a font management tool may not be necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jeff,

personally I stopped using font management after ATM was EOL and never regretted that decision.

On this forum I have seen far too many incidents over the years in which the font management (no matter which one) caused more headaches than it helped solve. Which makes me be careful with it.

I see the advantages of font management, but I would weigh the pros and cons very, very, very carefully before deciding on that issue.

And if someone reports trouble with fonts like in this case then my first two suspects are always corrupt fonts and a font management application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines