• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having an issue with multiply blending mode

Engaged ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off, I want to make sure that what I want to do is even possible. Can you use the mulitply blend mode with spot pms colors? 

I have a doc that has two instances of the same art that is multiplied, one on top of the other, to make the color deeper. The art is made up of multiple shapes that all have the same radial gradation of one spot color, say 30% to 100%, but with different radii. Below them is a rectangle that is also filled with the same spot color (no gradations). 

If I change the rectangle below the two multiplied instances to spot color, I lose the multiply-ness. (image 2)

If all the colors are CMYK, it all multiplies as expected. (image1)

I'm trying to replicate this artwork and be able to change its colors for different flavors. Is there some kind of best practice for achieving this? 

Please advise, thank you all.

TOPICS
Draw and design , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

You may be able to multiply various tints of an spot color, but you cannot make a single ink darker than it is at 100%.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may be able to multiply various tints of an spot color, but you cannot make a single ink darker than it is at 100%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha, good point. It's been a long day. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad I could help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may try it in RGB color mode to get the effect you are after.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines