• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having difficulty getting started with illustrator SDK

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following the instructions on the PDF, I can't seem to identify this path. 

SDK>/samplecode/output/mac/debug/

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

You need to have the correct version of SDK and XCode to successfully build the plugin. Any mismatch in this can either cause the plugin to not load at all or crash, it might also lead to build errors. Since you have Illustrator 2020 installed you need to use the CC2020 SDK. See the following screenshot from "getting started guide.pdf"

Screenshot 2021-01-14 at 11.20.21 AM.png

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This path would be created once you compile any of the plugins, I say this looking at the XCode projects "Build Product Path" setting. I don't have a setup to build the plugin but I am pretty sure once you build the plugins this path will be created.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for the reply, I'm new to Xcode, still trying to figure out the layout.

So the actual error message is "Build input file cannot be found" I don't fully understand this error. 

I downloaded the AI CC 2018 SDK package and I currently have Xcode 11.5, Illustrator version 2020 CC.

I have followed the instruction on the PDF and still getting the same error. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to have the correct version of SDK and XCode to successfully build the plugin. Any mismatch in this can either cause the plugin to not load at all or crash, it might also lead to build errors. Since you have Illustrator 2020 installed you need to use the CC2020 SDK. See the following screenshot from "getting started guide.pdf"

Screenshot 2021-01-14 at 11.20.21 AM.png

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines