Highlighted

Having Issues With my X, Y, W, & H values in Illustrator CC 2020 (latest update)

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My text is set to be aligned with the artboard, for example, when I type in the X value 3.375 it jumps to 3.347, same thing occurs in the Y, W, H values.  I never had this issue before, is one of my settings incorrect, perferences set incorrectly?

TOPICS
Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Having Issues With my X, Y, W, & H values in Illustrator CC 2020 (latest update)

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My text is set to be aligned with the artboard, for example, when I type in the X value 3.375 it jumps to 3.347, same thing occurs in the Y, W, H values.  I never had this issue before, is one of my settings incorrect, perferences set incorrectly?

TOPICS
Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is any snapping turned on?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All turned off, including snap to pixel in control panel.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show what you are changing. Please do also show the objects.

Under certain circumstances these changes happen when changing width/height and your are scaling strokes with "Use Preview bounds".

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 30, 2020 0
MikePG LATEST
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot.jpg

I have my text box selected, it is set to align with artboard, I want the text to be 3.375 inches, and 1.265 inches from the top left. The numbers changed after I typed them in.  I do not have preview bounds selected in my Illustrator's preferences, my keyboard increment is set at .139 Inches.  I'm running Ill. 24.2.1, macOS Mojave 10.14.6. Any help or thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 01, 2020 0