• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having trouble grouping

Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an RV Born Free that is no longer made and am trying to recreate the logo to refresh the ones on my RV.  So I am starting with a photo of a logo and trying to remove the extraneous parts from the image.  So far I have managed to trace the image and clean up the edges.

The problem I am having is to group the image to be able to change the color across the entire spectrum.  The main problem is in the lettering.  Inside the name "BORN Free" I am having problems with the interior of the letters.  When I pick the pathway of the letter interiors and try to make it no fill it turns black like the letters fill when I choose white for a fill it looks right in that it matches the background but may likely not print right or come out correct on a sticker.

FYI the letters are not really letters but graphics at this point.  How do I gain control of the groupings and the interiors of the letters?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show us what you have and how you want it to look like. Please include the layers panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will have to wait till I get back to my other computer to post an image of what I got going on.  But I have letters that are not letters,  they are really a vector graphic in the shape of letters.  I have managed to get the center of the O to have no fill.  All other letters have opened centers:  B, R, e, e , I am not able to get the center of the letters to have a separate filled interior.

There is only one layer.  I had used a variety of layers to get to where I am now.  All extraneous layers were deleted to try to clean up the final image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may try the Shape Builder tool (Shift M).

Select your artwork, hold down the Alt key and drag or click with the Shape Builder across the area you want to make transparent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will give Shape Builder Tool.  I tried to deselect the interior portions of the letters and then it became the same color or solid filled.Born Free 3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make a compound path. And of it still doesn't work, use the Attribute panel to set the fill rule to "even odd"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have an outside shape filled with black, and inside shape filled with white, if you make the inside shape filled none, then it will turn black. This or simialr is what appears to behappening.

Please post screenshots if you need any further help, as we are not mind readers but wish to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is an example of the logo.  It started out with a number of layers I used to remove the extraneous items and then clean up the lines to match to original logo.  I then did a save as and removed all the layers in the final copy to clean up the file.  These are screenshots of the final layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines