• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HD TV Menu

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a couple of pizza businesses & I do my own digital menu's. I'm using HD resolution using jpg for the menu but was wondering if anyone had any other ideas on how to make it better quality for a tv?

I am currently doing a menu refresh was hoping to update the quality of display for all three tv's. I sent through the old menu below as an example of the menu (I will be using alot better graphics this time round) 

TOPICS
Import and export , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TV specs are set in stone, so unless you plan on upgrading your hardware at all venues and/ or your current screens do support higher resolutions already, you are stuck with HD and the actual resolution won't improve. The rest are just design problems like the screens being overstuffed and having the most terrible color combinations and text treatments, but that's not a technical question. You really have to read some books, study other design examples or hire a pro to avoid all the bad stuff.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. Yeh when I created these first three menu screens I was self taught (still am)

I just noticed images didn't look great on my "cheap" tv screens but decided to redo the menu's in premier pro which I started today. I am just experimenting at the moment but I did this test today and put it on my smart tv at home and looks clear which was my goal. Just need to clean up the design and obvisouly keep learning my way around these programs 

Cam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dessert pizza? Now that sounds dangerous... Focus on legibility to reduce the time decoding the menu. Use fonts optimised for legibility. NEVER overlay text on a graphic. Avoid the white border around red text.  -- things that work on paper aren't necessarily great on screen, though keeping the general design concepts of your paper menus does carry the branding over, and may save time for people who already checked out the paper menu but can't remember the names of stuff. Check out what the big guys do on screen - they have tuned it to both sell and reduce queueing time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yeh always watching the giants how they do things. I decided to covert to
hd video and I'm working on cleaning up the style now that im more
comfortable getting around adobe. I have attached the start of my sides
menu screen above from premier pro which is alot easier to use then I
expected. Excited to dig into some of the cool features. I'll be stalking
YouTube videos for ideas over coming week 👌

Thanks for the reply 😊

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines