Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

heavy stroke added to text creates spikes on specific characters

Enthusiast ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I remember a resolution for this years back, but cannot find it.

You add a heavy stroke size to text, and specific letters create spikes. If you select the rounded caps, it disappears; but I want the geometric stroke outline around each letter that the corner meter join creates.

How can I resolve? (Note: I know there are workarounds with outlining the text, etc, but I'd like to keep it live and editable)

Thank you.

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adjust the miter limit in the stroke panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried that. Default is 5. Nothing alters when I play with that field. I have the text selected and tried low and high numbers. No change. Hmmm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If ou decreas the miter limit, the spikes will be cut off. Not sure of you want that, but it's your only choice when keeping text live and not using rounded caps.

The issue is caused by fonts which are either not suitable for thick outlines or badly digitized.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU this totally fixed my issue!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Decreasing the meter limit will solve this. Be sure to do this AFTER scaling your text up otherwise the meter limit will scale with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines