Highlighted

Hello this might be stupid but here it goes! How do we turn a circle into a square in illustrator?

Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello this might be stupid but here it goes! How do we turn a circle into a square in illustrator? I know the other way around but not turn a circle into a square or a triangle, just other shapes!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Bill Silbert | Adobe Community Professional

When you apply the effect the Shape Options dialog will appear. In there choose Absolute and put in the exact dimensions of the original circle.

TOPICS
Draw and design, How to, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Hello this might be stupid but here it goes! How do we turn a circle into a square in illustrator?

Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello this might be stupid but here it goes! How do we turn a circle into a square in illustrator? I know the other way around but not turn a circle into a square or a triangle, just other shapes!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Bill Silbert | Adobe Community Professional

When you apply the effect the Shape Options dialog will appear. In there choose Absolute and put in the exact dimensions of the original circle.

TOPICS
Draw and design, How to, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apply the Effect > Convert to Shape > Rectangle.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 28, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry but how do i go to "apply the effect"?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 28, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but the rectangle its absurd! not proportional at all!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 28, 2020 0
Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 28, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it helped thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 28, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, does anyone knows how to turn a circle into a square in illustrator? Proportional!

And then a square into a triangle? I know Photoshop has several shapes doesn't it?

Thank you...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 29, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The convert shape option (effetcs) is not reliable because the square doesnt enlarge or diminuish! Try editing it and you'll see, besides, its not proportional...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 29, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did it! I did it! With the convert shape rectangle option in the effects but now how do i get the points/anchors in the squares instead of the circle? Anyone?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 29, 2020 0
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Object > Expand Appearance

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 29, 2020 0