• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help creating a Symbol Map

Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning everyone, I am new to the forum. I have recently started with Illustrator and I am sure there is someone here who can help me. I would like to recreate this map effect with symbols but I don't know how to do it: I leave the link

https://www.shutterstock.com/es/imag...nce-1888179271

Thank you very much in advance

All the best

Juan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

How to work with symbols in Illustrator (adobe.com)  this link info can help to understand symbols core and how to use them. Hope this can  be useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The truncated link you posted doesn't seem to be working. Post the full link if you can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one?

https://www.shutterstock.com/es/image-vector/vector-mosaic-solid-map-navarra-province-1888179271

The effect cannot be replicated with the click of a button.

It involves either some third party applications, such as Processing.

In parts it can be created with plugins and scripting in Illustrator, but some additional manual work is still necessary.

Maybe you just want to move shapes around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This blog post details a possible method using a few scripts, including Jongware's circle fill script:

http://vectorboom.com/load/tips/techniques/how_to_distribute_shapes_within_another_shape_in_illustra...

The original thread for that script is here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/ann-design-effect-image-made-of-perfectly-arranged-circle...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your responses

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to, with links to scripts here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDFrPU3si8o - I didn't watch it so I don't know how good it is, but a simple google search bought up a lot of hits, this happened to be top of the list...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to work with symbols in Illustrator (adobe.com)  this link info can help to understand symbols core and how to use them. Hope this can  be useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your responses I'll keep an eye

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are the best!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines