• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! File opening to "Text Import Options"

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I've got a relatively small illustrator file that when I open with the latest version of Illustrator CC is coming up with "Text Import options" and then it ill open as an empty blank artboard.The file looks like the right size 1,461 KB, but no joy. I've tried some basics like trying to change file extensions, placing the file in illustrator/indesign to export out as an .eps. I've followed a thread about changing AIPrefs to enable context recovery usig postscript but no luck. There's a similar post here suggesting that it might be a missing/corrupt AI header file but I have no idea how to correct or if I can recover it. 

Froldfield_0-1592852265622.png

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Feature request , Import and export , Performance , Print and publish , Scripting , SDK , Sync and storage , Third party plugins , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try with a different version?

Can you upload the file somewhere so someone else might try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika,

I unfortunately dont have a different version. Here's the link

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file doesn't work at all for me. It crashes Illustrator.

Do you have a backup?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately not, I was working in numerous illustrator files around the same time and its just this one that is corrupted so i'll just learn my lesson. Still confused why its the only file out a a few that has become corrupted. I was working from an external hard drive so I wonder whether that had something to do with it. Thank you for checking though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

An external hard drive might have to do with it.

There's a technote about file issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/illustrator-support-networks-removable-media.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines