• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help getting Illustrator radar graph tool to behave the same as the Excel one

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all! I have a specific problem with the radar graph toll in Illustrator and I'm hoping there's an expert in here that will know how to get it to behave the way I need it to.

I have been given a radar graph (and assocated data) in Excel. I need to replicate it in Illustrator. The problem I'm having is, when I input the data I can't get the Illustrator graph to look the same as the Excel one....and it needs to.

Attached screenshot of the Excel version:

Screenshot 2021-02-05 at 11.25.05.png

Close up of the graph:

Screenshot 2021-02-05 at 11.30.39.png

The data it is using is the one shown in the row "unweighted average score".

And screenshots of the kind of results I'm getting in Illustrator:

Screenshot 2021-02-05 at 11.27.58.pngScreenshot 2021-02-05 at 11.28.15.pngDoes anyone know how I should be inputting this data into Illustrator in order to replicate the Excel version? Is it even possible? I really want to avoid doing this manually if I can (as it's something they'll need changing in future, so it would be great if I could just edit the data!)

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Excel graph seems to use a lot more data points. Where are the numbers for that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click on the chart in Excel it highlights the bottom row of data (see attached screenshot). So I assume that's the data it is using. That's the same data I've been trying to input in different manners in order to replicate the same results. But I can't get it looking the same. Screenshot 2021-02-08 at 15.54.56.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Obviously in Excel you can group the data. That is not possible in Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines