• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP! How can i sharpen corner?

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello i traced a logo and some of the corners are not sharp. How can i sharpen the corners?

Thank you!

IMG-f22cec2afd7e514ab1f2db5d2e9eec9b-V.jpg

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

There are many ways to sharpen a corner. It also depends on how the path is shaped. What probably has happened here is that the tracer has added a couple of extra anchor points where there should only be one. Use the direct selection tool (white arrow, shortcut [A]) to examine the paths and move anchor points. If you see anchor points that are not needed you can delete them using the pen tool [P]. When you are sure you only have one anchor point in that corner you should check that the anchor po

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are many ways to sharpen a corner. It also depends on how the path is shaped. What probably has happened here is that the tracer has added a couple of extra anchor points where there should only be one. Use the direct selection tool (white arrow, shortcut [A]) to examine the paths and move anchor points. If you see anchor points that are not needed you can delete them using the pen tool [P]. When you are sure you only have one anchor point in that corner you should check that the anchor point type is "corner" and not "smooth" by selecting it and if needed converting it to "corner" in the properties panel. In some cases this might also be solved by dragging the corner widget for that specific corner down to zero. Or you could delete that part of the logo entierly and redraw it using the pen tool. All this takes some practise and I would recommend watching a basic tutorial on how to edit paths in Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines