• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! How to get rid of Target/Transparency

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like to work with this type of view for my projects (dark grey, plain background with a plain, white artboard and the rulers enabled):

Illustrator Normal View.jpg

But I think I may have accidentally hit some buttons when I was typing really fast and now, every time I start a new file in Illustrator, it looks like this:

Illustrator Oops View.jpg

I know I can get rid of the checkerboard background by doing Ctrl + Shift + D but 1) that makes the background white, not dark grey, 2) it doesn't get rid of the "target" (the green measurements and lines), and 3) if I start a new file (even if I've turned the transparency grid off), the new file will open with the checkboard background and green target again.

What did I do? And how do I get my normal view back?!

*Note: I did not change anything in Preferences before this happened and to fix it, I've tried changing to Trim, Pixel, and Overprint view and none of them have worked.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At some point, your New dialog got the Film and Video profile chosen, and it now comes up each time you make a new document. 

Change that profile in the New dialog to keep those guides from appearing in new docuemnts.

There may be a way to change this after a document is created, but I don't know it.

Screen Shot 2021-07-13 at 3.57.28 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @kateg45599375 

your screenshot shows a new document based on a video preset (for Video and Film document). Use a web or a print preset if you want the "normally" displayed (RGB or CMYK) document.

Or do the following:

see post #13 here: Re: Starting with Illustrator, problem with background and artwork

Have fun

😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must have chosen a Film & Video tab or profile  when making new documents. 

MikeGondek_0-1626219105309.png

You can fix here

MikeGondek_1-1626219448432.png

MikeGondek_2-1626219547225.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks everyone! That helped!

What's really strange is that I've never touched the Film & Video tab before in my life. And when you look at the New document window, you can see that everything I've done is using a Print artboard. So I'm still not sure how that happened but at least it's fixed now.

Illustrator New File Screen.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines