• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! I don't know what I did!

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a project for school and I don't know what happened but I accidentally smashed some keys on my keyboard and now there's a grayed-out layer on top of all my work that I can't delete. I can edit everything still but this top layer is making everything gray. I thought I was in isolation mode for a second but it's not, I tried double-clicking out of it like I usually do when I accidentally enter isolation mode. I would really appreciate any tips!!! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Hi,

You may have turned that Layer to a template by mistake, which reduces the transparency by 50%.

Screenshot 2020-11-05 at 10.35.35.png

So double click on that Layer on your Layers Palette and uncheck Template if it is checked.

Sim 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have an effect or transparency setting for the layer.

Select the layer or an object on it in the Layers panel.

In the Appearance panel click the top item "Layer"

From the Appearance menu choose: Clear Appearance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't work, unfortunately, I selected the grayed-out layer and the appearance panel says the opacity is at 100% even when I reset the appearance. It says it has no fill or stroke and the opacity is default 100%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is something with that layer as indicated by the filled circle.

Try again to select something on that layer and click the layer item at the top in the Appearance panel.

layer.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

You may have turned that Layer to a template by mistake, which reduces the transparency by 50%.

Screenshot 2020-11-05 at 10.35.35.png

So double click on that Layer on your Layers Palette and uncheck Template if it is checked.

Sim 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines