• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! I lost my work after applying a complex brush.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made an interesting art brush out of a picture, and I wanted to apply it to my artwork.  When I went to apply it, it was loading for so long, and then I got a bunch of error messages.  Now all of the coloring and other effects that I did are gone, and all that is left is an outline of my work, but this outline is not what I started with, so I know that it didn't just go back to a previous version of the piece.  Also, I'm not able to zoom in with the trackpad like I was before, and the previously grey background around my page has turned white.  Does anyone know if there is a way I can get my artwork back?  I tried the undo button but it didn't work.  And does anyone have advice about how I can prevent this in the future?  Thanks so much for any help!!!

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Elisabeth,

What happens if you Ctrl/Cmd+Y (toggles between Outline and Preview)?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elisabeth,

What happens if you Ctrl/Cmd+Y (toggles between Outline and Preview)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked!  What an easy fix.  Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome, Elisabeth.

Illy (job description Adobe Illustrator) is always very friendly and helpful, but she can get overwhelmed, and then she has to go back to basics to keep everything together; but as you have seen, she soon recovers.

So there is no need to prevent this in the future; just create some more wild things and overwhelm Illy, and whoever else sees it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines