• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help, I'm New!! Newest version of Illustrator crashing.

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to illustrator, I have a design for business cards that I am trying to save a copy for the designer at the print shop, they only have illustrator CS5. When I try to save as a legacy copy for CS5 the program crashes.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you really need to save them an editable file? Wouldn't a PDF be OK?

Anyway: Is a printer connected? Illustrator searches for one when saving.

Also: you could try and disable Background saving in the Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help. Generally, saving in PDF would be acceptable . . . but, I have zero experience designing for print. My colors do not look right and the designer at the print shop said she can fix it but she only has CS5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I do have a printer connected. I disabled background saving in preferences, with the same crash. Do I need to change the settings for the printer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Saving to legacy versions should actually work and since saving toPDF works as well and you have set up all the other things, I'm not sure what can be the reason.

Sothe designer at the print shop can't just tell you which color to use and you then apply it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines