Highlighted

Help! Illustrator 2021 Won't Load

Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I updated to Illustrator 2021 (Mac), the program just freezes on the loading screen

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling using the Creative Cloud app twice and also tried the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool

Nothing has worked so far.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

Hi all, 

We’re so sorry to hear about the inconvience this issue has caused.  There could multiple reasons why this would have happened. We have tried to consolidate the popular solutions that help in fixing these issues. Please try following these steps one by one and let us know how it goes:

Few users have confirmed that removing corrupt fonts has help them resolving these issues. Please try the steps suggested here (https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/kb/troubleshoot-fonts-illustrator-indesign.html) and let us know if that helps.

Another possible issue that has been reported by multiple users is due to wacom drivers. This help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/illustrator-cc-crash-wacom-drivers.html) can help resolving this issue.

If nothing helps, please try the steps suggested on this page (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/how-to-fix-a-crash-and-recover-documents-in-illustrator/td-p/11434061?page=1 ) and share your observations with us. 

We hope that your issue will be resolved by these steps. However, if you need further assistance, please create a new post on the community and we’ll be happy to help. 

Regards,

Srishti

TOPICS
Activation billing and install, Bug, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

This conversation has been locked.

Help! Illustrator 2021 Won't Load

Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I updated to Illustrator 2021 (Mac), the program just freezes on the loading screen

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling using the Creative Cloud app twice and also tried the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool

Nothing has worked so far.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

Hi all, 

We’re so sorry to hear about the inconvience this issue has caused.  There could multiple reasons why this would have happened. We have tried to consolidate the popular solutions that help in fixing these issues. Please try following these steps one by one and let us know how it goes:

Few users have confirmed that removing corrupt fonts has help them resolving these issues. Please try the steps suggested here (https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/kb/troubleshoot-fonts-illustrator-indesign.html) and let us know if that helps.

Another possible issue that has been reported by multiple users is due to wacom drivers. This help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/illustrator-cc-crash-wacom-drivers.html) can help resolving this issue.

If nothing helps, please try the steps suggested on this page (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/how-to-fix-a-crash-and-recover-documents-in-illustrator/td-p/11434061?page=1 ) and share your observations with us. 

We hope that your issue will be resolved by these steps. However, if you need further assistance, please create a new post on the community and we’ll be happy to help. 

Regards,

Srishti

TOPICS
Activation billing and install, Bug, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Oct 22, 2020 8
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you rebuild or migrate the old preferences?

Translate

Translate

Oct 22, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the default was to migrate old prefs. I think that's what I did. Should I rebuild?

Translate

Translate

Oct 22, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: I manually deleted all the Illustrator related plist files I could find in PREFERENCES folders. Still having the same issue. 

Translate

Translate

Oct 22, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a major lagging issue right now in with the new Illustraor 2021, I can't do any work without it freezing 

Translate

Translate

Oct 22, 2020 3
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I'd request you to try the troubleshooting steps provided on this help article & let us know if it helps.

If it doesn't, please use Log Collector Tool to share the app logs with us. It'll help us look into the issue & assist you accordingly. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Oct 24, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Mac OS 10.14.

I will double check the fonts but when I called Adobe customer care they
told me to disable all fonts (which we did) and I still had an issue.

I had to uninstall Illustrator 2021 and go back to Illustrator 2020 --
which works fine.

This is very frustrating because I was looking forward to using
Illustrator's new features

Translate

Translate

Oct 24, 2020 1
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with Illustrator not working after updating (and I tried a re-install) on the same operating system as you-- how did you go back to Illustrator 2020? 

Translate

Translate

Oct 28, 2020 2
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Adobe Creative Cloud app there is a list of installed applications.
All the way to the right of each item in the list is a three dot icon (...)

You can click on that icon to access some pop-up menu options, including:

- Uninstall
- Other versions

Before I uninstalled Illustrator 2021 I used that pop-up menu to install
Illustrator 2020 again

Translate

Translate

Oct 28, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the advice in the article, but did not have the questionable fonts installed, so it wasn't helpful to me. It seems that several people have this issue -- so I hope a solution can be found quickly.

Translate

Translate

Oct 30, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the EXACT same issue. Working on a MacBook Pro, Mohave 10.14.6. I have checked all fonts and removed bad ones. I have used the cleaner tool and reinstalled the entire CC and programs. I am also running a lab of remote learners who are logging in to school computers from home. I can't have another set back right now!!! I sent my log in.

Translate

Translate

Oct 28, 2020 1
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i didnt ever realize i updated...it crashed in the middle of working. Now it wont start up!

Translate

Translate

Oct 28, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is ridiculous.  It is taking me literally ten minutes to change a font.  Acrobat, PS, ID and ILL are all running at about 10 RPM.  UPDATE STAT ADOBE...this costs me money.  Money I seem to be required to pay monthly now.

Translate

Translate

Oct 30, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a day or so, things got back to normal.  I did uninstall and installed a fresh version of the latest interation.

Translate

Translate

Nov 05, 2020 0
Resources