Help! Live paint bucket flood fill not working

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using cc and I have come across a change in the new Illustrator software. On the old version I used to double click in my vector shapes, let's say a drawing of a house, and it would flood all the windows in the whole house with one colour.

With the new one I can only seem to drag and fill or select and fill. Or double click to change a colour once it has been coloured. So I have been taking ages to fill shapes when it used to take seconds as I am now clicking on each window. 

Is there a setting I can change? I just want to be able to quicky colour my shapes please! 

TOPICS
Draw and design, Feature request, How to, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't try this out.

But if it continues after you rebuilt the preferences, then I would report it as a bug.

For rebuilding the preferences you can rename the preferences folder, so you can revert.

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html

Please post bugs & feature requests to http://illustrator.uservoice.com

For recoloring you can use Edit > Edit colors > recolor artwork

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Using 25.2.2 on Windows 10, double-clicking to fill all contiguous areas of the same fill works fine for me. Can you share your exact version, OS and images of the objects you are trying to work with?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines