i can do the face but i dont know how to add the hair with differnt views 😞

also the body 😞

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

So you need help with how to prepare it fo Character Animator? So that you can apply physics simulations?

There is a youtube channel with all the tutorials you can wish. https://www.youtube.com/user/okaysamurai

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide , Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show what you are having issues with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i actually always delete what i draw cause its not perfect and start all over again 😞

i want to creat a character with differnt viwes front right and left 

i can do the front profile 

but the left and right i dont know how to manage the hair and body 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, perhaps you could bring yourself to share your next effort instead of deleting it. Saying you "don't know how to manage" something is useful but doesn't really tell where your skills (artistic, or operator of Illustrator) reach their current limit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well i always daownload hairs and use them for the front profile 

but how to use front profile hair in right and left profile?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The forum is not the place to write a step by step tutorial for you. There are dozens and dozens of trainings available that teach you about character design. Drawing it in Illustrator is only the final part of it. Developing the character is a completely different issue.

We can give you tips on how to achieve things you have issues with. But if we don't even know what exactly you are having issues with, then we can't help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please, show the images that you use as a references and point what part of them is a problem for you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Annotation 2020-08-22 214217.pngthis is my front side of the character 

i used hair feom one of the websites so its just front side hair 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also the dress 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, it's not a way.
You can't just "rotate" the elements, you have to redraw them according to your idea. So, you need at least rough sketches for your character's poses. Having them, you can place them to your project and create the needed vector shapes above them. Any cliparts may help a bit but can't replace an idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you need help with how to prepare it fo Character Animator? So that you can apply physics simulations?

There is a youtube channel with all the tutorials you can wish. https://www.youtube.com/user/okaysamurai

Okay Samurai showcases tutorials and creative projects from me (Dave Werner). I currently live in the San Francisco Bay Area in California and work as the Senior Experience Designer Lead on Adobe Character Animator (but thoughts and opinions on this channel are my own). Past projects include the ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeas its for character animator 

i saw all the videos but still dont know how to draw my own hair and body 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you i'll watch the videos 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To be honest... it is not easy.

When I am doing character designs, I first sketch out a character sheet in pencil first on paper.  Especially if I am going to move the body slightly (side view, quarater view, etc.).  You will find all kinds of character reference sheets from the old days on Google that will give you ideas on how to do this.  

Then I take them into Illustrator and create a new folders with names such as (left side view, left quarter view, right side view, right quarter view, front view, back view). I then create each one individually.  Granted some elements I can simply mirror (example right view and left view).  You still might need to do some editing depending on how complex your character is.  But that will keep things in the same shape.

If you are placing things into Character Animator or even After Effects or Animate... then do check out the Okay Samurai YouTube channel like Monika suggested.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines