• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! Need to adjust logo for printing etc to a Positive/negative RGB & CMYK

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can find zero help for this process. I have the Vector logos redrawn professionally as I am a beginner in the extreme (Photoshop user so dumbfounded by AI).

Can anyone provide me with a 'speak slowly to the idiot' guide to achieving these things with the logos I already have.

Thank you for reading this, even if you're unable to help.

Jaclyn

TOPICS
Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Hard to tell without seeing the design.

Is is black and white, color?

You can check the color mode (RGB or CMYK) when you open the file and look at File > Document Color Mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hard to tell without seeing the design.

Is is black and white, color?

You can check the color mode (RGB or CMYK) when you open the file and look at File > Document Color Mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. I will change to a file I can upload and hopefully that will answer your questions.

Best wishes,

Jac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

106416_3 NFRC suggestion (alt).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "adjust for printing"? It isn't a generic process we all know how to do; the adjustments depend what the printing company need. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The subject of your post says print, so you should be working in CMYK, Most important  at beginningof each file is to set the correct colormode. 

CMYK - Printing - Inks going to a substrate like paper or vinyl banner

RGB - Digital - Light being cast to  a monitor for web & video

go to File>> Document Color Mode >> CMYK

To reverse you would either do that in the file using a command like  edit >> edit colors >> Invert colors.  If you only need to invert to make separations for plates/film, then you go here. Mine is greyed out but a proper decice wil allwo you to print negative.

MikeGondek_0-1627654424301.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I am a novice and use Photoshop to design everything, so trying to understand information sent to me concerning a logo I designed for a family concern for printing and digital (sorry in such a flap I left information off) work for a sponsorship they are doing.

Thank you, I will try and follow your brilliant instructions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines