Highlighted

Help needed with the free transform tool - Widget is missing!

New Here ,
May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Community, 

I am turning desparate warrior now.. I am trying to make a shadow using the free transform tool on a mac (CS6). I can see the tool in my toolbox but for somehow the widget does not pop up in which I can select that I want to move and transform the object of my desire differently. It seems to behave like the select tool... I have the object that I wanted to transform selected and then selected the transform tool but no widget pops up. How can I get back this widget (never was there)??

This is how it should look like:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-07 um 20.40.09.png

This is how it looks with me (missing widget): 

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-07 um 20.40.17.png

Any ideas appreciated 🙂 

Thank you, 

Canel

TOPICS
Bug, Draw and design, How to, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Help needed with the free transform tool - Widget is missing!

New Here ,
May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Community, 

I am turning desparate warrior now.. I am trying to make a shadow using the free transform tool on a mac (CS6). I can see the tool in my toolbox but for somehow the widget does not pop up in which I can select that I want to move and transform the object of my desire differently. It seems to behave like the select tool... I have the object that I wanted to transform selected and then selected the transform tool but no widget pops up. How can I get back this widget (never was there)??

This is how it should look like:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-07 um 20.40.09.png

This is how it looks with me (missing widget): 

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-07 um 20.40.17.png

Any ideas appreciated 🙂 

Thank you, 

Canel

TOPICS
Bug, Draw and design, How to, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 07, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the object is selected and you are clicking on the freeform tool and the widget isn't popping up - try double clicking on the tool. If that doesn't work, you might have to reset your preferences. (Or try restarting AI first if you have updated lately - maybe even restart your computer first).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michele, Thanks for your reply. I also tried doubleclick on the tool (and restarting AI) but nothing works. Also tried resetting my preferences but also that does not work :(. 

Do you have any other ideas that I could do (using CS6)? 

Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2020 0
May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not in your version.

The free transform tool has modifier keys that help you with perspective transform.

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/scaling-shearing-distorting-objects.html#distort_objects

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika, 

Thanks for your reply... So you mean it is not part of CS6? If so, what does the Free Transform Tool of CS6 do, because I really do not see the benefit of this tool without the modifier keys (widget)...? 

Do you know an alternative route to achieve the same effect? (Shadow)

Thanks again in advance for your help. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2020 0
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said: you can achieve the same things the widget does by using modifier keys. Please read the documentation I posted.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2020 0